Thursday, March 10, 2011

may or may not be about me

I am not a fan of blogs. And I don't think that anyone will read this.  But besides all of that, I created one.  The title relates to when I realized that nothing in this world could save me from the world.  In other words, I needed a Savior.  But even after God rescued me from sin, I continued to live under the law.  I went through the motions.  Growing up in a Christian home, I was a master at putting on a Christian smile and go to church carrying my Bible.  But later on in my walk, God brought me through some stuff that made me realize that I was trying to do everything by myself, not even letting God live through me.  Me coming to terms with God's grace meant letting go of my life and giving it to Him.  After all I died.  Let me explain,  Galatians 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives through me.  The life i live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave His life for me".  In other words, Laura died at the age of 10, and from that point on my life was in God's hands (thankfully).

Abraham also struggled with the grace/law concept.  God told him, that he would be over many nations, even though he was old.  Abraham believed God at first, then tried to take it into his own hands by using Hagar to have a son.  Hagar is the example of law in this case, Abraham trying to do God's will without God.  It was only after Abraham gave in to "trusting" God instead of "helping" God, that he lived by grace.  By the grace of God, Abraham and Sarah had a son.  And by the grace of God, I am His and He is mine. 

ps: friends call me La, so that explains the play on words.

No comments:

Post a Comment